Tired of buying lattes at Starbucks every morning? Here’s why you need to invest in your own espresso machine at home! You’re most likely buying at least 2 lattes a day at a cost of $8 each which works out to $16 per day. That adds up to over $300 a month and over $3,800 a year, if we’re only checking Monday to Friday.
Just imagine what the real figure would look like if you’re also buying on the weekends.
Don’t get me wrong. Nothing is wrong with buying an espresso every now and again but think about how that money could have been invested into something more worthwhile.
I’m sure that is an expense you are willing to cut but you’re probably worried that you’re going to miss the frothy tops, delicious and smooth taste.
As an avid latte drinker myself, I also know that somewhere deep within, you wish you knew how to make your own lattes, just like the coffee shops, so that you can give up buying expensive coffee.
What if I told you that its possible to make your favourite espresso, latte, iced tea or cappuccino right at home even if you’re not a Barista!
If you don’t make an effort, you’ll continue to spend over $300 a month on just coffee. So investing in your own espresso machine is what you need to do to cut expenses.
Stick around to see my picks of the 10 best espresso machines under 100 dollars that will have you brewing like a Barista in no time!
If you make a purchase through any links on Coffee Brew Mag we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Read the full Disclosure here.
Our Favourite Espresso Machines At A Glance
|Runner-up||GEVI 2-in-1 Espresso Machine
|Top Pick||Bosenkitchen 15 Bar Espresso Machine
|Best Value||De’Longhi 15 Bar Espresso Machine
How To Choose An Espresso Machine?
Before investing in an espresso machine you need to consider a couple of things first, based on your personal preferences.
Answering the following questions will give you a clear idea as to which espresso machine is best for you.
• Are you a beginner brewer or a pro?
• What is your budget?
• Ease of using machine: lots of features or simple functions
• Desired operation: manual, fully automatic, semi-automatic etc.
• Do you also want to use capsules?
• Ease of cleaning
• Any additional equipment you may need
• Design and counter space required
The 10 Best Espresso Machines Under 100 Reviewed
- ☕Thermo Block System: Aluminum alloy thermo block with stainless stell heating channel to prevent aluminum oxidation and make the water healthier. Do not worry about leak out from the steamer and places when you using the espresso brewer. You can enjoy making the good kind of coffee in the rapid heating system. Also making good espresso with temperature stability in the kitchen espresso machines.
- ☕ Multifunctional espresso machine: This 1450W portafilter machine has an instant heating system that can be used as an espresso machine or filter coffee machine. The control knob turns to the left to prepare coffee and to the right to prepare milk bubbles. This coffee machine has undergone extensive testing and user experience. Durability, security, and meeting the needs of most consumers.
- ☕ Easy frothing: Professional 20 bar pressure portafilter machine with steam nozzle for the rapid production of milk foam. So you can quickly prepare delicious espresso, latte, cappuccino, iced coffee, etc. in a friendly way.
Features of Bosenkitchen Espresso Machine – One of the Best Espresso Machines Under 100
With the Bosenkitchen 15 Bar Espresso Machine you get to have barista quality coffee every time within seconds.
Using the built in steam wand you can quickly prepare delicious frothy espresso, lattes, cappuccinos, iced coffees and other drinks.
It has a study stainless steel body and a rapid stainless steel heating system to prevent aluminum oxidation and make the water healthier for your espresso.
It makes between 8-10 cups of coffee due to its 1.25 litre water tank and it operates fast so you can make a cup of coffee before leaving home for the office.
The Bosenkitchen functions as an espresso machine and as a filter coffee machine so you get 2 systems for the price of one. With a coffee machine like this, there is no need to have any other.
Has a drip tray and bubbler to collect any spillage, so that the machine doesn’t create any mess in your kitchen.
There is also no need to worry about leak outs from the steamer and other places while using the brewer.
The water collecting tray, the high pressure funnel and the filter can all be removed easily for cleaning.
Personally, we love this Bosenkitchen Espresso Machine because of its stainless steel design and heating system. There’s no leakage from the steamer or brewer, its very easy to use, brews your coffee at the perfect temperatures and it only costs $99.99.
We feel like it’s a steal of a deal considering all its functionalities and it deserves the top spot as one of the best espresso machines under 100 dollars that we’ve rounded up in this post.
- EASY TO USE: Single switch knob with indicator light for easy operation with function transform-coffee/steam selector and on/off. Also, accurate temperature control can ensure the best taste
- BREW LIKE A PRO: Powerful 3.5 bar pressure espresso coffee maker can make 1-4 cups (240ml) espresso coffee and rich smooth cream. Easy-pour glass cup is clearly marked to serve the perfect amount every time, delivers a truly rich espresso in seconds
- YOUR FOAM, YOUR WAY: Coffee espresso machine with frothing arm makes creamy froth to top off your cappuccinos and lattes. Velvety smooth espresso will make mornings so much better
Features of Sowtech Espresso Maker Cappuccino Machine
The Sowtech Espresso Maker Cappuccino Machine has a single knob with an on and off indicator light, so that there are no complications with having to use multiple switches for different functionalities.
With an accurate temperature control, you always get the best consistent tasting coffee.
What tops it off is the fact that it is also equipped with a frothing arm so that you can make your own frothy lattes and cappuccinos at home like a true Barista. So you don’t have to go all the way to your local coffee shop just to have a cup of your favourite brew.
We came to the conclusion that the Sowtech Espresso Machine is a minimal espresso maker with limited features which is directly related to its low price of $64.99. But it has the basic features than can be expected with an espresso machine.
What we like in particular about this espresso maker is that it’s super easy to use and has a sleek, compact design, making it possible to fit neatly in your kitchen.
No products found.
Features of Yabano Espresso Machine
Yabano Steam Espresso Machine is a simple machine which makes it ideal for beginners since it does not require having much brewing techniques and skills.
It serves up to 4 cups of delicious coffee at the same time so you, your family and friends can enjoy your espressos, cappuccinos and lattes at the same time.
Although on the lower price end it is fully equipped with a built in steam wand so you can enjoy foamy, rich and creamy cappuccinos and lattes just like the ones from your favourite coffee shop.
The Yabano Steam Espresso Machine has a compact design so space is not an issue as it can literally fit even on the smallest kitchen countertop.
The drip tray, nozzle and portafilter can be easily removed for cleaning.
We believe that this Yabano Coffee Machine is suitable for those persons who prefer simplicity are not too particular about features and consistency of their latte, cappuccino or espresso.
- One Hot Espresso Shot Anytime, Anywhere: Pour room temperature water, press and hold button for 1.5 seconds to heat and make espresso in 12 minutes. 3 cups per full charge. Pour boiled water, press and hold button for 3 seconds to make espresso instantly in 30 seconds, over 100 cups per full charge. (NOTE: Espresso volume is around 45ml per cup.)
- Brew Like a Portable Coffeehouse: Precise temperature heater heats the water to 199°F/ 93°C , the temperature of the espresso can reach 167°F/ 75°C. Powerful pump with 15-18 bar maximum pressure to extract barista-quality espresso with generous crema.
- One Button Operation, Fully Automatic: Add Nespresso capsules, just press the button to make espresso, no need to press pump manually. Self-cleaning function: without capsules, add water and press button for 5 seconds to clean the machine. (NOTE: Only use genuine Nespresso capsules or L'OR Capsules! Other capsules might damage the machine.)
Features of Aicok Electric Espresso Machine – One of the Best Espresso Machines Under 100
This Aicok Electric Portable Espresso Machine is a fully automatic one button espresso machine that allows you to enjoy coffee on the go while travelling or hiking.
When it comes to making your espresso, you have 2 options. You can pour boiled water into the machine and have your espresso in as little as 1 minute.
Or heat up room temperature water in the machine and have your espresso made in 12 minutes.
To make espresso, all you need to do is insert your original Nespresso or L’OR Capsules and press the button.
It has a very powerful pump with 15-18 bar maximum pressure to brew barista-quality espresso with generous crema and your friends won’t be able to tell the difference.. There is absolutely no need to join long lines at the coffee shops with this in your backpack.
You can literally take the Aicok Electric Portable Espresso Machine with you wherever you go and there is no need to take the charger with you. Place it in the cup holder of your car and use the cigarette lighter to recharge it when needed.
This Aicok Electric Portable Espresso Machine is unlike anything we’ve seen in the world of portable espresso machines. It’s everything you could wish for in an espresso machine, with the exception that this one you can take it with you wherever you go (MAJOR PLUS!).
The only drawback is having to forsake brand loyalty and use either only Nespresso or L’OR Capsules. But that’s not too much of a big deal.
No products found.
Features of GEVI 2-in-1 Espresso Machine
Gevi Espresso Machine is a 15-bar semi-automatic 2-in-1 espresso coffee maker with a milk wand, that you can use to choose your desired strength and flavours of coffee, chocolate or tea.
With its 15-bar pressure system and professional frothing wand, you are bound to have high quality tasting coffee with rich crema everytime.
It has a 1.5L large capacity removable water reservoir so you can detach and refill the tank as desired.
With the 3-in-1 portafiler, you can make up to 2 cups of coffee at the same time so you and your partner can have coffee together.
Comes with a clear temperature panel so it’s easy to see the water temperature.
There are milk foaming precautions so that you can adjust the amount of steam according to your personal preference.
Removable cup holder at the bottom so you are not limited by the size of your coffee cup.
The Gevi Espresso Machine also has a double temperature control to adjust the temperature of the water and milk foam so that your coffee brews at the right temperature.
With robust espresso machine like GEVI it was hard to find features that were missing or something that we did not like about it. At a price of only $99 combined with its functionalities and compact design, it’s hard to beat.
But we do know that we love the fact that you can choose different flavours of brew as well as make other drinks like chocolate and tea.
Based on our research its fair to say that the milk foam system produces rich and creamy coffee with the same consistency as your favorite coffee shop.
If you’re in the market for a budget-friendly espresso machine that makes more than just coffee, this is it!
- ✔ LUXURY FOR ESPRESSO LOVERS: The Intenca stainless steel espresso maker stove top was made for those who cannot resist a full-bodied aromatic cup of espresso. Smelling the ground beans when filling the espresso coffee pot will whet your appetite for a full flavored cup of espresso. Sharing is caring, produces 6.8oz for 4 flavorful espresso cups.
- ✔ EASY TO USE: Just the feeling of making espresso in the traditional way is enough to relax you even before you drink your aromatic cup of espresso. Easy to use: Fill the lower part of the Italian espresso maker with water, put the ground coffee into the basket, put the top on and place the espresso pot on the cooker to boil. Can also be used as a sweet cuban coffee maker!
- ✔ BONVIVO QUALITY: We understand and appreciate the importance of good coffee, either in your routine, or to escape from it. We are pleased and excited to provide you with an Italian coffee maker that is not only high-end with German QC, but also understands that "quality" is carried in the stainless steel and in the espresso coffee. That's why we use the best products to produce each of our beautiful espresso machines to ensure that every look, and every drop, pleases your tastes.
Features of BonVIVO Intenca Stovetop Espresso Maker
Are you in the market for a homemade Italian espresso machine? If so, BonVivo Intenca Espresso Maker may be just what you need. This espresso maker is one of a kind that caters to a wide range of coffee tastes.
It’s made with high quality stainless steel and has a simple and elegant design if you do not want to have a big machine.
This also makes it very easy to use as it only requires placing on a stovetop and you can have your Italian style flavourful coffee in under 15 minutes. BonVivo Intenca brews up to 4 cups (6.8oz) of espresso at once so you can share with family or friends.
The Italian coffee pot will remind you of Italy; from memories of the picturesque lanes and tasty meals; to the delicious taste of espresso.
If you enjoy the strong aroma and flavourful taste of traditional espresso then this Intenca Stovetop Espresso Maker may be the one for you. At a price of only $39 you’ll end up with smooth, rich tasting Italian style espresso.
- Steam Heat feature forces hot steam through the filter for dark, rich espresso brew
- Frothing arm makes creamy froth to top off your cappuccinos and lattes
- Easy pour glass carafe serves up to 4 shots. To avoid espresso maker to be too noisy during operation make sure the water reservoir is full and properly fitted into its position
Features of Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Steam Espresso Machine with Milk Frother
Mr Coffee Steam Espresso Machine has a powerful frother which whips up your lattes and cappuccinos to light, frothy consistency
It features an easy-pour glass decanter with serving measures so that you always brew the right amount and it brews up to 4 cups of rich cafe-quality espressos.
Thankfully it has a stay-cool handle and drip-free spout so steam won’t burn your hands.
The Mr Coffee Espresso Machine has a removable, washable drip catcher that collects coffee drips and keeps brew space tidy. The froth aid is also removable which makes cleaning a lot easier.
At a price of only $39, not much can be expected from this Mr Coffee Espresso Machine. However it does a good job of making a light, creamy, frothy top of cappuccino or latte.
- THE PERFECT ESPRESSO MAKER: Making espresso at home is quick and easy! The Káva espresso machine delivers you a delicious cup of Espresso (1.3 oz) or Lungo (3.75 oz) every time. Compatible with Nespresso pods. Side rack provides ample storage for your capsules. (Capsules are for illustration purposes only)
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE: Brew rich, flavorful espresso that competes with the likes of popular coffee shops! Our machine can deliver up to 20 bar pressure for high quality, barista-style taste. Energy saving with an automatic 2-hour shut off and standby mode.
- COMPACT DESIGN: A lightweight yet powerful design looks great and doesn’t take up a lot of counter space in your kitchen. Machines parts are detachable and easy to clean. This one-touch espresso machine features a 27 FL oz. water tank so you don’t need to refill too often.
Features of ChefWave Espresso Machine
The ChefWave Espresso Machine is the perfect way to start your day. It warms up in just 30 seconds so at the touch of a button you can have your morning brew in the form of espresso coffee, cappuccino, frappuccino or latte.
The machine brews rich, flavorful espresso that can compete with the likes of popular coffee shops! It delivers up to 20 bar pressure for high quality, barista-style taste.
The Chefwave Espresso Machine features a 2 hour auto off, energy saving mode, and standby mode so even when you forget to turn off your machine before leaving home, it won’t stay on all day and run up your electricity bill.
It has a drip container, a drip tray and an adjustable cup support. The tray fits espresso cups up to 2.7 oz.
This one-touch espresso machine features a 27 FL oz. water tank so you don’t need to refill too often and its dishwasher-safe, so you can clean it efficiently.
You can choose your concentration strength with a choice of 2 different cup sizes, and two preset sizes: espresso (1.3 oz) or lungo (3.75 oz).
The ChefWave Espresso Machine is certainly not our favourite on the list but it does a pretty decent job at a price of $90. Again, this espresso machine may be a good option for you if you want to use Nespresso capsules in addition to your regular espresso brew.
- CAFÉ-QUALITY ESPRESSO AT HOME: The powerful 15-bar Italian pump extracts espresso from both fresh-ground beans and pre-measured soft pods for an authentic café taste.
- NO-FUSS MILK FROTHER: Perfectly steam or froth milk for lattes, mochas and cappuccinos in your own kitchen.
- EASY-FILL WATER RESERVOIR: The water tank easily removes for filling and cleaning and can hold up to 40 ounces.
Features of Hamilton Beach Espresso Machine With Steamer
Brew quality espresso in the comfort of your home with this Hamilton Beach Espresso Machine. It features a 15 bar Italian pump which will extract both fresh ground beans and pre-measured soft pods for an authentic cafe taste.
With its milk frother you’ll be whipping up the perfect steam or froth milk for your lattes, mochas and cappuccinos so you can skip going to the coffee shop.
The Hamilton Beach Espresso Machine allows you to brew 2 cups of espresso simultaneously so both you and your significant other can enjoy your morning fix together.
If you need an espresso machine that doesn’t break the bank, this $80 Hamilton Beach is it. If anything it’s far from basic, as it also allows you to brew Italian style lattes, mochas and cappuccinos. It doesn’t require any special skills to get your favourite cup of coffee in the morning.
- Every cup to your liking: 15-bar professional pressure assures quality results every time, and adjustable controls allow you to make modifications for your personal taste preferences.
- Brew like a Pro: whatever your preference – single or double Espresso, cappuccino or latte – the machine brews authentic barista-quality beverages just like you enjoy at your favorite coffeehouse.
- Your foam, your way: a manual frothier mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth for evenly textured drinks – just the way you like them.
Features of De’Longhi 15 Bar Espresso Machine
The De’Longhi 15 Bar Espresso Machine is a little over budget but close enough for us to add it to our list of the best espresso machines under 100 dollars.
Making authentic espresso and cappuccino to suit your taste right in the comfort of your home is easy with this De’Longhi machine.
Its has a 15 bar pump pressure to ensure rich tasting espressos and cappuccinos on par with the high quality from the coffee shops
Whether you like single or double Espresso, cappuccino or latte – the machine brews authentic barista-quality beverages and with the manual frother you’ll be able to create a rich, creamy froth for evenly textured drinks – just the way you like them.
It comes with a three-in-one filter holder, which has a holder for one Espresso shot, another holder for two shots, and one for an easy-serve Espresso Pod – whatever your preference.
The De’Longhi 15 Bar Espresso Machine has an advanced cappuccino system that maintains the optimal temperature so you can brew cup after cup without having to wait.
Comes with a coffee tamper so that the grounds can be packed evenly for a quality shot
If you prefer a larger size beverage, the bottom tray of the unit is easy to adjust or remove to fit taller cups.
It has a sleek space-saving design so that it fits beautifully on any kitchen countertop without taking up too much space.
At a price of $120 this De’Longhi machine does all the basic functions that you would expect with an espresso machine. It may be more suitable for entry level brewers so don’t expect advanced features on this unit. It’s small, it’s efficient, and it gets the job done without a lot of hoopla.
What should I look for when buying an espresso machine?
• Types of coffee that can be brewed
• Types of drinks that can be made
• Bar Pressure
• Water Filter
• Cup Warmer
• Frothing Wand
• Built-In Coffee Grinder
• Ease of Use
• Brewing time
• Removable parts and convenience to clean
• Dishwasher safe
What are the different types of espresso machines?
• Manual Espresso Maker
• Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine
• Fully Automatic Espresso Machine
• Super Automatic Espresso Machine
Can I use regular coffee in an espresso machine?
Some espresso machines are designed to brew regular coffee as well but all of them. If you’d like to make regular coffee with your espresso machine you should ensure that it has this feature before buying.
How long should an espresso machine last?
Anywhere from 6 months to 20 years. It also depends on the brand, care and frequency of the machine.
How many Bars should a good espresso machine have?
It takes at least 9 bars of pressure to extract the best espresso.
Is it worth getting an espresso machine?
Yes it is totally worth investing in an espresso machine when you consider the amount of money that you are spending at Starbucks/ your favourite coffee shop every month. You’ll be saving at least half of that money for the same exact taste that you can brew in the comfort of your kitchen.
There you have it! Everything you need to know before buying an espresso machine so that you can make authentic and delicious cappuccinos in the comfort of your home.
Whether you are at the beginner level or a true pro at brewing cappuccinos, we believe that there is an espresso machine for you on this list.
Level up your coffee game with one of the best espresso machine and say good bye to basic tasting coffee and Starbucks!